Digital health is an intersection between technology and healthcare. Digital health incorporates communication and informational technologies into the healthcare system which helps in understanding the health problems better and coping with challenges faced by people getting treatment. Digital health also makes personalized treatments convenient—digital health technologies in life both hardware and software services.
Table of Contents
Importance of Digital Health and Its Impact:
With the advancement of science and technology, digital health is also evolving. Artificial intelligence, robotics, machine learning, radically inoperable data and open secure platforms, which make the experience more consumer-focused, are the future of digital health. According to Precedence Research, the combined annual growth rate (CAGR) of digital health will increase by 27.9% between 2020 and 2027. This growth is fueled by healthcare apps. Digital health has revolutionized the healthcare system.
1. Accessible Healthcare:
The importance of digital health lies in the convenient accessibility of health care facilities to the consumer. It also takes off a considerable load from the facilities by pioneering patient self-care.
2. Self-management and Early Diagnosis:
Digital health provides a platform where patients can continuously track their symptoms and monitor their condition which helps in the self-management of the disease. Regular monitoring also helps in the early detection of worsening conditions which can be life-saving.
3. Redefining Patient-Doctor Dynamic:
Digital systems help in forming a transparent partnership between doctor and patient through shared access to the patient’s health condition. It plays a role in making them co-designers of the management and treatment plans.
4. Expanding the Reach of Healthcare Professionals:
Digital health is a platform which helps in decreasing the administrative burden of health care professionals and improves their time frame for the actual clinical aspects of the field. It also helps in dealing with the cases of rural settings where commuting to and for is not that easy. With technology, patients can provide their health data to their doctors wherever they are.
Applications of Digital Health Technology
The incorporation of technology into health has several important applications.
- Mobile applications like Apple Healthkit are a massive step towards digital health. The healthkit helps the patients securely store their health data and share it with healthcare professionals. The Apple Watch is another product which helps collect information about the activity of the day and the calories burned. The use of REST API to get apple watch fitness data for previous months is also possible.
- Digital health also makes it possible to provide precision medicine – customized management and treatment based on genetic data.
- Digital health also makes predictive analyses possible where collected data is used to predict various health outcomes.
- Telemedicine and consumer wearable devices that monitor and manage health data are also applications of digital health.
- Connected devices like pacemakers are designed specifically for the consumer.
- Medical robotics is also an application of digital health where precision machines aid in surgeries and blood services.
- 3D printed prosthetics have revolutionized the field of digital health.
Digital health has dramatically changed the traditional healthcare system and it is only the beginning of it. The future contains some eye-opening surprises!
Follow – https://viraldigimedia.com for More Updates