In the past few years, businesses have moved from environments at work which is very competitive, to where there are cooperation and collaboration between staff to ensure that there is a success. This has made more companies embrace team building exercises. These exercises can range from problem-solving to retreats which lasts for several days. While there are those who see these exercises as a break from work, they serve a very serious purpose which is to develop knowledge and skills in the employees.
If you can organize team building activities that have objectives and purposes behind planning, then your organization might just be able to able to get the following benefits:
- Improvement In Productivity: The main goal of these exercises is normally to improve the productivity of employees. You will have to take the opportunity to identify the various ways to improve the three Ps which can affect productivity; processes, policies, and procedures. When you encourage employees to learn how to work together in a more effective way, it will reduce effort duplication making them work efficiently.
- Increase Motivation: Activities at work can help in increasing the motivation of employees and nurturing a company culture that is successful in various ways. When an activity is completed successfully by a team of employees, it brings about a trend that makes them feel great about who they are, thereby increasing the confidence they have in their team and their ability. It also portrays to them that, the organization is willing to invest in them.
- Increase Collaboration: when there is a team-building activity that is properly planned, it helps in creating proper employee collaboration which is all about knowing the skills each one has, trusting in them and in their experience, and having access to the person when there is a need. When activities are created which people enjoy, they can create relationships and network development of contacts away from the day to day activities which might help in future endeavors.
- Encourage Creativity: In order for a business to be successful in regard to innovation and creativity, there is a need to utilize different people who have different perspectives and expertise to bring out the cross-pollination which the organization needs in regard to fresh ideas. When you engage in team-building activities, it gives the employees permission to be able to use the imagination which they have, to come with solutions that are creative and this sends out the message that there is creativity in the workplace.
- Positive Reinforcement: With the team building activities, recognition to employees is provided through highlighting the work specifics which the employees are doing and the behaviors which have led to them receiving the recognition. When you incorporate recognition in the activities, there is a strong message which is sent to the attendees about the values of your company and what it means towards the success of the organization. This will go a long way when in ensuring that there is growth in the organization.